Tuesday, March 8, 2011

day eight.

I made more new records today than any day so far!  On the one hand, I'm proud of myself, but on the other hand it's not like I have anything to do with the content of the files that come out of those archival boxes.  Some files are just easier than others:  they are labeled correctly, the items are in English, the names have authorized headings in the LC.  Other files are a nightmare from start to finish, even when they only contain a single postcard or museum brochure.  But today's boxes (I'm in the "T" section now) were pretty straightforward.  I have also gotten faster at the routine of record-making, the keystroke shortcuts, the automatic placement of my stack of files to the right of my keyboard...

UPDATE:  I got an email from Beth  approving of all the non-LC records I cataloged on my own.  She said I made "good decisions."  Success!

Hours worked:  9-5pm.
Records created:  49.  49!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment