Tuesday, March 29, 2011

day eleven.

"Universidad de San Carlos" to "Bienal Internacional de São Paulo."

Thank goodness I know my way around Spanish better than Japanese.  Because these Universities are killing me.  UCLA, seriously, has about 8 pages of Library of Congress name authority headings.  That's like 800!  I actually had to write out a flow chart to keep track of all the variations of names I found in the vertical file:  Fine Arts Center vs. University Gallery vs. Art Center vs. University Art Gallery vs. Foundation for the Fine Arts Gallery, etc...


We also got to attend a talk/take a tour with the Education Division today, which was the first time I was able to directly connect anything from the internship with the class in Museum & Library Education & Outreach, which is required for all of the M-LEAD students.  I personally wish I could connect the broader educational agenda of museums/libraries with the specific work of cataloging, though...

Hours worked:  9-5pm.
Records created:  24.
Monthly total:  160.

No comments:

Post a Comment